How it works!!
- Choose up to 6 of your best quality items ( clothes, jackets, scarves, bags, jewellery and accessories welcome) that you no longer wear or need in your wardrobe.
- Turn up to the Old Sherriff's Office, Check in with the team and hand over your items.
- For each item you bring, you will receive a button in exchange. Don’t lose your buttons! They are your currency for the swap and you will need them when you check out.
- Go and get a coffee, chat to your mates and go check out the talks and events happening at the Ballarat Ethical Fashion Launch event next door at the Ballarat Art Gallery and give time for the lovely volunteers to hang the garments on racks, ‘setting up shop’.
-Swap Shopping will recommence at 4:30pm. There will be a brief introduction to the swap and the ‘rules of engagement’ for first time swappers, followed by the announcement that swapping can commence!
- Browse the 'Shop' : Shopping rules: Only carry 3 items at a time. If you have three items, try them on, and if you want to keep an item – take it off the hanger and carry it that way, so we know you are not being a hoarder.
- - Finished? Head over to the counter with your choices and hand over those buttons. Now head home and enjoy your fantastic 'new' clothes!
Items should be clean, folded or pressed
Items should be of good quality with a long potential lifespan
Items should be likely to be valued by others – ask yourself, would I be happy to give this item to a friend?
Items should be free of faults or with minor faults that are easy to repair (for example, a missing button).
(no undergarments, tracksuits or swimwear)
Also, HAVE FUN. All the people at this event are volunteers so treat them and each other with respect and love.
For more info, check out: http://www.events.clothingexchange.com.au/guidelines
To buy a ticket to the BEF Launch event happening in the Art Gallery next door, so you can have a lovely time after dropping your clothes off and while waiting for the swap to open, go to